The East Coast Chapter of SAFE is sponsoring a "Get to Know Navy Aircrew Systems" Day.
PMA-202 (Aircrew Systems) and AIR-4.6 (Human Systems Department) will be delivering briefings to Aircrew Systems industry representatives on Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at the Rivers Edge Conference Center, at NAS Patuxent River, MD. A tour of AIR-4.6 labs will be offered to those interested on 8 June starting at 0830.
PMA-202’s mission is to enable Navy and Marine Corps combat effectiveness by providing and sustaining Aircrew Systems that work the first time, every time. AIR-4.6 provides full spectrum life cycle research and engineering expertise to optimize operator and maintainer effectiveness and survivability through human performance, training, and hardware solutions.
This event provides a forum for NAVAIR senior program and engineering leaders to provide industry with insight into both the PMA-202 and AIR-4.6’s organizations; in addition to briefing recent updates to the Aircrew Systems technology/capability roadmaps.
- 0730 - 0745 Check-In / Registration
- 0745 - 0800 Welcome from SAFE ECC
- 0800 - 0820 Rear Admiral Shane G. Gahagan, Commander, Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division/Assistant Commander for Research and Engineering, Naval Air Systems Command
- 0820 - 0840 Mr. Gary M. Kurtz, Assistant Commander for Acquisition, Naval Air Systems Command
- 0840 - 0940 PMA-202 Organization Brief (CAPT David Padula, Program Manager of the Aircrew Systems Program Office)
- 0940 - 0955 Break/Networking
- 0955 - 1055 AIR-4.6 Organization Brief (Mr. John Meyers, Technical Director for the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division and Director for the Naval Air Systems Command Human Systems Department)
- 1055 - 1230 Lunch/Networking
Roadmap Technology/Capability Gaps and Current Program Briefs:
- 1230 - 1330 Aircraft/Display Devices (TBD)
- 1330 - 1345 Break/Networking
- 1345 - 1445 Personal Protective Equipment (Mr. Joe Essex)
- 1445 - 1530 Vision Systems (Mr. Brad Schieferdecker)
- 1530 - 1545 Break/Networking
- 1545 - 1615 Chem Bio Defense (Mr. Bill Strang)
- 1615 - 1645 PMA-202 Strategic (Mr. Fillip Behrman)
- 1645 - 1700 Closing
As an outcome of this industry day event, PMA-202/AIR-4.6 seeks industry feedback on the following items at the upcoming 2017 SAFE symposium in Orlando:
- Emerging technologies applicable to identifiable needs presented during industry day;
- Contractor R&D investment
- Partnering Opportunities
Registration details and registration link:
- Our conference room is limited to 150, so we’re asking that each company/division limit attendance to 2 persons.
- Please let us know if you would like more to attend if space is available; and whether you are interested in the lab tours.
- Registration is $10/person.
- Registration will put your name on a base access list. Please use gate one, 3rd lane from left. Tell the gate guard you are here for Industry Day.
- Foreign visitors will need to fill out an additional form for base access. Please contact Stacy Stuber at 541-895-3012 for details.
- Registration closes on 26 May 2017