2013 SAFE Symposium Golf Tournament Information
2013 SAFE Golf Tournament
Date: October 13, 2013
Registration/Sign-in: 7:30-8:30 AM
Start Time: 9:00 AM — Shotgun Start
Location: Resort at Red Hawk, Lakes Course, Sparks, Nevada
The 2013 SAFE Golf Tournament will be held on Sunday, October 13, 2013, at the Resort at Red Hawk (Lakes
Course) 6600 N. Wingfield Parkway, Sparks, NV 89436.
This Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed course challenges your game in an artfully designed setting featuring natural lakes, murmuring springs and mature cottonwood trees. The course has been voted "Best Public Golf Course" 8 times by Nevada Magazine and "Best Golf Course" 7 times by Reno Gazette-Journal.
The 7,140-yard course employs multiple tees and A-4 bent grass greens with more than 100 bunkers to create a memorable day of golf.
The Lakes Course is served by the award winning Golf Shop at Red Hawk, providing the best in equipment and clothing in a warm ambiance with uncompromising service. Other amenities include a full practice range with chipping and pitching stations, practice bunkers and a meticulously manicured 9,000 square foot practice green.
Start Time and Dress Codes
We will begin play at 9:00 AM with a shotgun start. The tournament format will be a 4-person team scramble. The Resort at Red Hawk is a soft spike golf shoe facility that requires collared shirts for men and Bermuda length shorts. Proper golf attire is required.
We will try to accommodate all pairing requests. Please specify handicaps and insure that the people you are requesting to play with also have you on their request list. Once the pairings are assigned, we will not re-arrange them. We would like to have a few more of our SAFE ladies play again this year, and golfers of all levels are welcome to come out and have fun.
Give-Aways, Prizes, etc.
The golf committee is asking corporate members to consider providing give-a-ways in the form of golf balls, towels, tees, cash, etc. to be used as tournament prizes. Contributions will be most appreciated and appropriate credit will be given in the SAFE Symposium Program as well as posted in the exhibit area.
Should you wish to make a cash contribution:
- Please make your check payable to SAFE with Golf Tournament Contribution on the memo line, and mail to SAFE, Attention: Golf Tournament Chair. We are looking for companies to sponsor certain prizes this year.
If your company would be interested in sponsoring certain prizes (1st Place, 2nd Place, Long Drive, closest to the pin, etc.):
- Please contact Ebby Bryce for details (757) 927-2461, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in providing golf give-a-ways (tees, balls, towels, trophies, etc.):
- Please contact Jeani Benton in the SAFE Office at (541) 895-3012, email email@example.com or Ebby Bryce, (757) 927-2461, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rental clubs will be available to those who need them, but only if they are reserved in advance through either Jeani Benton or Ebby Bryce. The rental fee is not included in the price below, so if you reserve rental clubs you will need to show up early to pay for your rental clubs.
- Cost to rent clubs this year will be $40.
- Those who ask for rental clubs on the day of the tournament may find they are not available - please do not wait!! — Also, make sure you specify right or left.
Entry Fee - $ 85.00 includes:
- Greens fee, cart, range balls, prizes, boxed lunch in your cart, and a pulled pork bar (buffet) in the clubhouse after the tournament. (And of course the great gift bags assembled with donations from our corporate sponsors!)
- In addition to the entry fee, we will again be selling mulligans at the registration table for $5.00 each, a max of four mulligans per player. Please ensure you bring some extra cash to buy mulligans as these may be used to replace any shot you are not proud of, AND the additional funds will be used to improve and increase the awards and prizes.