2021 Safe Association Awards Program
Call for Nominations
Attention: Corporate, Individual, Military, and Academic Members of SAFE
Each year, we take great pride in recognizing members of our community whose efforts and dedication have contributed to the preservation of human life. This endeavor relies on our SAFE membership to take an active role in the recognition of those members of the safety and survival disciplines by submitting nominations for the various SAFE Association awards.
In reviewing the Awards Booklet, please pay attention to each category of award and their respective definitions.
You will also note the list of past awards and recipients. Please do not confuse the past awards with the new awards. This list of past awards and recipients only serves to highlight the history and breadth of our awards, our industry contributions, and to recognize those past recipients.
I encourage you to take the time to show your support and appreciation for the countless hours someone you know has dedicated to our community. Do not allow someone deserving of recognition to slip away; submit your nomination today! Again, it is important to review each new award category and description carefully, and to submit your nominee in the correct category for proper evaluation.
The 2021 nomination information is also available on the SAFE website (see form below). No award will be accepted if it is not on the correct nomination form.
Those selected as recipients will be recognized during the 59th Annual SAFE Symposium being held 2 - 4 November 2021 at the Mobile Alabama Convention Center, Mobile, AL. We hope to see you there as we announce and recognize the 2021 award recipients.
Finally, make a note now of the Friday, July 23rd 2021 submission deadline.
The SAFE Awards Program now consists of the following award categories and descriptions. Download the Awards Booklet to see those who have received the award since 2013:
- MICHAEL R. GROST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD , recognizes the career of a deserving individual for their significant contributions to the field of safety or survival.
- GENERAL SPRUANCE INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD , honors an individual who has made a recent outstanding contribution in the safety field through leadership toward or significant or significant advancement of safety and survival improvements. This contribution can me made through education, knowledge, science, application of investigative techniques, or engineering.
- TEAM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD , acknowledges the recent accomplishments of an industry team in the field of safety or survival through an advancement in the education, knowledge, science, application of investigative techniques, or engineering associated with a significant improvement in safety or survival.
- MERITORIOUS SERVICE AWARD , is presented to the person or persons, civilian or military, who have demonstrated a recent outstanding contribution to the preservation of human life through an action of courage.
- MURRAY P. KOCH INDUSTRY AWARD , distinguishes a member of industry who has made recent significant contributions in the advancement of technology or hardware for safety and survival applications.
- The person submitting the nomination (nominator) must be a current SAFE national member or corporate designee.
- Nominees need not be SAFE members.
- Nominations should be for specific awards, for which the nominee has not already been recognized (see list of prior award recipients).
- A SAFE member may submit as many nominations as he/she feels appropriate.
- Extensive or elaborate justification is not necessary.
- The deadline for the submission of nominations is close of business (West Coast Time) Friday July 23, 2021. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted - no exceptions.
Complete and submit the Nomination Form below (or Page 8 of the Awards Booklet) in one of three (3) ways:
- Nominations may be submitted electronically by completing the form below.
- Mail to SAFE Association, Post Office Box 130, Creswell, OR 97426-0130.
- FAX to (541) 895-3014
Awards Committee Chair
Dear SAFE Community,
It is with great excitement that we are able to announce we will host our 59th Annual Symposium, in person in Mobile, Alabama!