To All Members!
Mandy Hale once wrote, “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” 2020 has been one that we all will talk about for many years…so let’s make something to really talk about then…
On behalf of the SAFE Association Board of Directors, we would like to announce that the 58th Annual Symposium is going Virtual. The Symposium Committee is hard at work in the virtual universe developing a symposium that our members will be proud of. As with anything, it takes time to switch gears and get everything released and announced. The purpose of this notice is to provide a basic list of dates and expectations, which are as follows:
- Date of Event: Week of 30 Nov to 4 December 2020.
- Virtual Exhibit Hall : Open 24/7 from 23 November to 4 December 2020.
- Registration for Exhibitors: Opens 24 August 2020 and closes 30 October 2020. Notifications on how to register will be posted on the SAFE website on 17 Aug 2020 and sent to all corporate members.
- Sponsorship Packages: Packages will be available starting 17 August 2020. Details will be sent out via email and posted on the SAFE website.
- Registration for Attendees is now open. Click here to be directed to the Virtual Symposium Attendee Registration System
Events to Expect:
- Streamed Opening and Key Speaker events
- Streamed Annual General Membership meeting
- Streamed Annual Awards Ceremony
- Streamed and Recorded Technical Program
- Streamed Q & A Sessions for all papers and panels
- Streamed Industry Day Events
A virtual exhibit hall that will provide interactive displays and content running 24/7. You can expect the ability for Industry to have streamed live product demonstrations as well. At this time, the Committee is working to define a range of ways that Industry will be able to schedule one on one time with attendees that will meet everyone needs.
As you see, there is a lot going on. The Committee and the whole Board of Directors are working to ensure that the 58th Symposium is as rewarding of content as it has grown into over the last couple of years. We have also started working with our 2021 venue team in Mobile, Alabama to welcome everyone back to our annual in person event!
More information will be sent as soon as the Committee can release…until then. From all of us to you…. STAY SAFE!
Dear SAFE Members,
After much consideration, the SAFE Association has come to the conclusion that the annual symposium scheduled to take place this year, October 27th-October 29th in Virginia Beach, VA cannot be safely held due to the challenges and risks associated with COVID-19. As disappointing as this decision is, we feel that it is the most responsible one to make. We want to thank our members and the team at the Virginia Beach Convention Center for their patience, support and understanding while we carefully monitored the situation and evaluated all possible scenarios.
The SAFE Association takes pride in our symposium and looks forward to providing an international forum for the exchange of technical information, product and service exhibitions, and the showcasing of industry capabilities relating to aviation, space, land and marine safety. That is why we feel it's vital to navigate through these times and transform our 2020 Symposium into a virtual event. The Symposium Committee has begun laying the foundation for this and is determined to create an event that provides value and meets the same standards of our "face to face" symposiums. Details about our virtual event, such as the date and registration, will be released early August via email, website updates and social media posts.
The SAFE Association hopes you understand our decision and will join in the participation of our virtual meeting. SAFE Administration will be in contact with sponsors, exhibitors and attendees who had previously registered for this year's symposium. In the meantime, we hope you all remain healthy and safe!
The SAFE Association Board of Directors