To All Members!
Mandy Hale once wrote, “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” 2020 has been one that we all will talk about for many years…so let’s make something to really talk about then…
On behalf of the SAFE Association Board of Directors, we would like to announce that the 58th Annual Symposium is going Virtual. The Symposium Committee is hard at work in the virtual universe developing a symposium that our members will be proud of. As with anything, it takes time to switch gears and get everything released and announced. The purpose of this notice is to provide a basic list of dates and expectations, which are as follows:
- Date of Event: Week of 30 Nov to 4 December 2020.
- Virtual Exhibit Hall : Open 24/7 from 23 November to 4 December 2020.
- Registration for Exhibitors: Opens 24 August 2020 and closes 30 October 2020. Notifications on how to register will be posted on the SAFE website on 17 Aug 2020 and sent to all corporate members.
- Sponsorship Packages: Packages will be available starting 17 August 2020. Details will be sent out via email and posted on the SAFE website.
- Registration for Attendees is now open. Click here to be directed to the Virtual Symposium Attendee Registration System
Events to Expect:
- Streamed Opening and Key Speaker events
- Streamed Annual General Membership meeting
- Streamed Annual Awards Ceremony
- Streamed and Recorded Technical Program
- Streamed Q & A Sessions for all papers and panels
- Streamed Industry Day Events
A virtual exhibit hall that will provide interactive displays and content running 24/7. You can expect the ability for Industry to have streamed live product demonstrations as well. At this time, the Committee is working to define a range of ways that Industry will be able to schedule one on one time with attendees that will meet everyone needs.
As you see, there is a lot going on. The Committee and the whole Board of Directors are working to ensure that the 58th Symposium is as rewarding of content as it has grown into over the last couple of years. We have also started working with our 2021 venue team in Mobile, Alabama to welcome everyone back to our annual in person event!
More information will be sent as soon as the Committee can release…until then. From all of us to you…. STAY SAFE!